Saturday, January 14, 2017

Vietnam - Olympic Nha Trang Gym & Fitness, Nha Trang





Location: Olympic Nha Trang Gym & Fitness, 09 Hùng Vương, Nha Trang
Google Maps: Click here
Tel098 709 21 24
Website: Click here
Opening hours: 6am to 9.30pm
Price: 80,000 kip (Approx £2.90)


Review: To be honest if you want my opinion, which you probably don't, I wouldn't stay in Nha Trang for anything more than a night to stopover to break up the bus or train ride. I would recommend seeing Hoi An, or Hue over Nha Trang, as they are both much nicer cities with much more to see. Nha Trang is a super touristy town, with a heavy Russian influence. I found it not to be a particularly friendly place and to be honest, there isn't that much to do here if the weather isn't good. I have heard the islands just of the coast are nice, but sadly there was a typhoon coming in when we were there so I didn't get to go. Maybe if we had then this would have changed my opinion of the place. Let me know in the comments if you have been and tell me what you thought.

If you insist on sticking around, then the good new is that there are a couple of decent gyms in this town. Probably the best of these is Olympic Nha Trang Gym & Fitness. This is a modern and well equipped gym, with a good atmosphere. Most of the guys training here were clearly about that life. Overall I think this was probably one of the best gyms that I trained in Vietnam, alongside Tuan Toan Fitness Centre in Hoi An, but at 80k for a day pass it was the also the most expensive gym I trained at here. 

This gym has:
  • Dumbbell up to 35kg 
  • Adjustable benches 
  • Flat barbell bench 
  • Incline barbell bench 
  • Decline barbell bench 
  • Squat rack 
  • Olympic bars
  • Smith machine 
  • Lat pull down 
  • Easy bar
  • Hammer curl bar
  • Preacher curl bench 
  • T-Bar row machine 
  • Pec Dec 
  • Drips bar
  • Tricep pushdown machine
  • Seated low row machine 
  • Leg press machine 
  • Leg extension machine 
  • Ab crunch rollercoaster 
  • Functional strength training area 
  • Swiss balls 
  • Battle ropes 
  • Kettle bells 
  • Punch bag
  • Treadmill 
  • Static bike 
  • Cross trainers
The gym also offer personal trainers, if you need some assistance in putting together a workout, or you just feel like having some additional motivation. My motivation is made by USB Labs. Also, I made a couple of memes for the blog's instagram account using my Jack3d tub and tagged them in it and they actually responded. They didn't offer to sponsor me yet, but that can only be a matter of time right? Right? Hello?

Anyway, I asked at the gym and its 2.4 million Dong per month for a personal trainer, which is about £90. If you want a one on one session then it is probably worth contacting them in advance as, like everything in Vietnam, i'm sure it is negotiable.

The gym sells water and isotonic drinks, but also has a pretty decent little supplement shop which sold protein, BCAA, creatine, pre-workout, protein and weight gainers. If you are looking for supplements in Nha Tang, or protein in Nha Trang, then this place is worth a visit. Sorry for that clunky sentence, I am still working on getting search engine friendly terms into these posts without making them stand out like a sore thumb. The gyms stocks a number of brands I know from the UK, including Dymatize, X-Tend, Muscle Sport and 1 Rule.

Who is it for? No doubt this is a great gym. When I was here, I met some other tourists and saw guys and girls training alongside each other. Despite having all the equipment to be, his gym is definitely not a meat head gym, and had a professional and safe atmosphere. I would recommend this gym to everyone, regardless of ability or gender. If you are a backpacker on a tight budget then you may want to consider one of the other gyms in this town and for these you can see my later posts. However, if you don't mind spending a little bit more for access to a higher quality gym then this is the place for you.

Tips: Whilst in Nha Trang, I didn't see anywhere else selling supplements, so you may want to stock up here whilst you can as there isn't much choice around this part of Vietnam.

Photos:




















No comments:

Post a Comment